BAXTER L. DAVIS (RETIRED)
Georgia, 1966 (currently Emeritus status)
Washington & Lee University (LL.B., 1966)
Duke University (B.A., 1963)
Domestic Relations & Family Law
“Integrity, honesty, and professionalism are at the forefront of everything we do at DMQ.”
High profile divorce. Baxter Davis is one of the three founders of DMQ and practiced in the Domestic Relations and Family Law practice group. Baxter tried high-profile divorce cases involving issues of alimony, child support, property division, custody, and visitation. Many of these cases involved clients with significant net worth and complex financial and tax issues. Although retired, Baxter maintains a presence at DMQ.
While at Washington & Lee University School of Law in Lexington, Virginia, Baxter served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Law Review. He is a member of Phi Beta Kappa and Omicron Delta Kappa.
- Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers, and served on the Georgia State Committee
- Fellow with the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML)
- In 2001, awarded the Jack P. Turner Award for “Outstanding Career in the Practice of Family Law, and Service to the State Bar of Georgia Family Law Section”
- Regularly listed in the Best Lawyers in America
- Regularly voted by peers for inclusion on the Georgia Super Lawyers list, as a member of Georgia Trend’s “Legal Elite,” and one of the “Top 100 Lawyers” in the State of Georgia
- Appointed by the Chief Justice of the Georgia Supreme Court to the Chief Justice’s Commission on Professionalism and is a AV® Preeminent™ rated attorney with Martindale Hubbell.
- Member of Phi Beta Kappa
- Member of Omnicron Delta Kappa