JOHN A. SUGG
Georgia Supreme Court
Georgia Court of Appeals
All Georgia state trial courts
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
University of Georgia (B.A. & A.B.J., magna cum laude, 2004)
Georgia State University College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2008)
Business Law; Business Litigation
“I’m thrilled when we can achieve a positive result because it fulfills our client’s needs—and it motivates us to serve even better.”
A zealous advocate. Disputes are an inevitable, but unwelcome, part of doing business. When they occur, John Sugg works zealously to help his clients successfully resolve them. As a member of the Business Litigation practice group, John manages a variety of matters, including contract disputes, tax litigation, real estate, construction, and business torts. He knows that clients often do not have the experience, or the time, to deal with disputes, even though they can have significant consequences for a business or a family. John advocates on his clients’ behalf to achieve the best possible results, freeing his clients to focus on running their businesses or other endeavors.
Practicalities. John represents small businesses, large international companies, and individuals, including high net worth clients. Always advocating for his clients’ interests, he fights for his clients, while understanding practical realities and the expenditures of resources. In vigorously representing his clients, John has participated in successful trials and appeals, and also negotiated favorable settlements.
As part of a comprehensive team of attorneys experienced in business, real estate, tax, estate planning and family law, John can give his clients the benefit of additional perspectives to strengthen their cases. John takes ownership of his cases seriously to secure the best outcome, and thrives on the opportunity to demonstrate total commitment to his clients.
- Member of the General Practice and Trial Sections of the State Bar of Georgia
- Member of the Young Lawyer’s Division of the State Bar of Georgia
- Member of the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Litigation Section of the Atlanta Bar Association
- 2020 President of the Sandy Springs Bar Association
- Member of the Lawyer’s Club of Atlanta.
- AV® Preeminent™ rated attorney with Martindale Hubbell
- Selected by other lawyers and Georgia Super Lawyers magazine as a “Rising Star” on multiple occasions
- John was raised in Atlanta. Away from the office John enjoys spending time with family and friends, watching college football, and traveling.